Our Pleasure Moments
Every morning George Burns said to his wife, “This is the best cup of coffee I ever had.” This statement served two purposes. For one it was a show of gratitude to his wife for giving him the best cup of coffee he ever had. More importantly, he expressed with extreme love, a moment of pleasure. We call them pleasure moments. Each beautiful moment has an extraordinary place in our minds. Often surrounded with love, calmness or inspiration.
- The first wail at the birth of each of our children
- Being with each of our children and watching them grow
- All the wonderful friends we’ve met throughout our lives.
- A quiet walk on the beach together with a soft breeze blowing through our hair
- Every moment spent with the ones we love
- The first bite of freshly baked pizza
- A cozy warm bed on a cold winter night
- Family movie night
- Thanksgiving Dinner
- The first BBQ of the spring
- The greatest thing is this list can go on to infinity
The power of these pleasure moments is that each can bring us back from sadness into happiness as a memory or as a new experience. Anytime we are feeling down and need a little boost, we think of these moments and remember we are the luckiest people in the world and are thankful for each incredible memory.
Once we begin to list of all the wonderful moments in our life, we find the list goes on forever.
Be Well, Have Gratitude and Spread Goodwill